Textures & Frames meets Biggest Wish for an easy card

 Textures & Frames meets Biggest Wish




If you are like me, you've overlooked the Textures & Frames stamp set in the FREE Sale a Bration catalog, but I'm hoping my card today gets you to take another look. It's so fun to just grab a bunch of colors and start stamping. For this card I grabbed a stack of colors from the Regal family of colors thinking they would make some nice, fall birthday cards that I could use for those hard to make masculine cards as well as for any lovely female in my life. The big, bold sentiment is made with the Biggest Wish stamp set from the annual catalog--this stamp set is a must for your collection as it makes cardmaking so easy. It's great to use on a card atop a beautiful piece of DSP for an even quicker card. 

Here's a closer look at one of the cards I made on my Facebook live attached below. 



Let's get going then. First gather your supplies:
1. Basic White thick cardstock cut 8 1/2 by 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4" on the long side and folded in half x2
2. Basic White cardstock 8 1/2 by 5 1/2". You will cut this up after you stamp
3. Basic White cardstock cut with the Stitched so Sweetly die, 3rd largest rectangle
4. Textures & Frames stamp set (#156616) FREE with a $50 order during Sale-a-Bration until 9/30/21
5. Biggest Wish stamp set (#155052)
6. In Your Words stamp set (#156619) FREE with a $300 order during Sale-a-Bration until 9/30/21 for the inside sentiment
7. Stitched So Sweetly dies (#151690)
8. Ink--Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Misty Moonlight
9. Basic supplies--bone folder, adhesive (I used Multipurpose Glue), Regular Dimensionals, Piercing Mat, Paper Snips

Make sure you are using your piercing mat for this one. On the half sheet of Basic White cardstock randomly stamp the 3 lines using Rich Razzleberry. If this looks too dark to you, you could stamp some off and it will be lighter.


Next using the thick line stamp and Pumpkin Pie ink, stamp that randomly around. Always be sure to stamp some off the edges.


Then take the solid circle and Crushed Curry ink and stamp around. I then used Cherry Cobbler for the outlined rectangles and Old Olive for the circle outline.


As it seemed like it had a lot of white space still, I stamped the paint splatters with Misty Moonlight, some of them stamped off and lighter also. I then cut the paper down into two 4 by 5 1/4" pieces and made 2 cards. 


To make the card, fold your Thick Basic White card base in half and adhere the cut stamped piece. I stamped the Birthday first in Crushed Curry on the Stitched So Sweetly die cut and then the script Happy in Misty Moonlight. Attach it to the card with some Dimensionals. Use the Fantabulistic stamp from the In Your Words stamp set to stamp the inside sentiment. You could also use one of the shapes inside and/or on the envelope. I used one of the cut pieces that I would otherwise throw away on the flap of my envelope. Check that out below. 

Here are some other color combos I used for this same card. The top one used Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody, Costal Cabana, Fresh Freesia and Granny Apple Green. The bottom one used Polished Pink, Misty Moonlight, Soft Seafoam, Highland Heather and Mango Melody.  


For these cards I only used the solid circle stamp and kept stamping it off towards the center. For the top card I used Polished Pink and Flirty Flamingo with Misty Moonlight for the happy on the sentiment. For the bottom card I used Highland Heather and Fresh Freesia. I was inspired by Patty Bennett and Janet Wakeland to open up this set, and I hope I've inspired you to go play with this fun set. And if you want to order anything from me, use the little Robin in the upper left corner. 


Here's my Facebook live where I show you how it's done.

Comments

  1. Not sure how i found you, but so glad I did. Love how you've used this set and thanks for showing the other colours. Regards from UK 🇬🇧

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can I subscribe to your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted this set as soon as I saw the Sale-a-bration catalog and your card using the Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, and Misty Moonlight inks pushed me over the edge and I have ordered the stamp set. I've seen several other cards using this set, but your card is by far the best! Great work! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog