Nature's Prints


I just had a wonderful day playing with the new Sun Prints Suite which includes the Nature's Prints Bundle, Sun Prints Designer Series Paper and the Fern 3D Embossing Folder from the upcoming 2022-23 Annual Catalog. What really caught my eye was the first piece of paper on page 91 which looks like it's not meant to be cut, or rather, used for scrapbooking, which I rarely do. So I challenged myself to cut into it and design some cards and this is one of them. If you watch my Facebook Live below (or over on my YouTube channel Stamp With Dr Robin) you will see how I cut up the paper as well as some other cards I've made. I'll have the info for another card in my blog next Monday.

But before we get going making this card, I want to make you aware of my upcoming 2022-23 Annual Paper Share.  For my paper shares, I try to keep the price reasonable by just including my "best of" the Designer Series Papers. For this catalog that means 1/4 of a package of each of these DSPs: Abigail Rose, Awash in Beauty, Butterfly Kisses, He’s the Man Specialty DSP, Hues of Happiness, Lovely in Linen, Perfectly Penciled, Sun Prints, Tea Boutique, Texture Chic Specialty DSP
This is a Total of 120 6” by 6” pieces of DSP All for $38 +$8 if you need shipping
Please email me at stampwithdrrobin@gmail.com if you are interested. 

Now, let's get busy and make this card. Collect the pieces:

1. Night of Navy cardstock 5 1/2 by 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
2. Basic White cardstock 3 3/4 by 5 " for the inside, 3 7/8 by 5 1/8" for the outside, and a scrap for the sentiment
3. Sun Prints Designer Series Paper (#158790) cut 3 3/4 by 5"
4. Stamp Set-- Nature's Print (#158793 or 158801 for the bundle) from the upcoming 2022-23 Annual Catalog
5. Dies--Natural Prints (#158800)
6. Ink-- Night of Navy
7. Glittered Organdy Ribbon (#156408)
8. Wink of Stella
9. Basic supplies--bone folder, Paper Snips, adhesive (I like Multipurpose Glue and Stampin' Seal Plus), Die Cutting and Embossing Machine, Dimensionals.

Start by folding your card base in half. Attach the Sun Prints DSP to the larger Basic White piece and then attach that to the card. 

Now let's stamp. Using Night of Navy ink for everything, stamp a fern or another piece of foliage on the smaller piece of Basic White for the inside and attach it. Stamp a sentiment on the lovely tag that comes with the die set--take your pick as they all fit in this die piece. 

Take your Wink of Stella and tap it against your bone folder to send tiny drops of glitter onto the card. Attach a piece of Glittered Organdy Ribbon using Stampin' Seal Plus (put it under where the sentiment will go). Attach the sentiment with Dimensionals. Here's a close-up of the sentiment piece.


I'm not sure you can see this on the first picture, but the little dots below are Wink of Stella.


If you want to do something really special, add some of the pretty DSP to your envelope flap. Cut a piece 5 3/4 by 2 1/2" and attach it to the flap with glue, lining up one side with the fold like you see below. Now turn the envelope over and cut away the excess with your scissors.

 


See my Facebook Live below for more tips. I'm usually live every Monday (thought not next week) at 1 pm PST.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog