Aspen Tree Dies 

Sale-a-Bration will be ending in a couple of days, so I thought I'd use some of the products you can still get for FREE. I've used the Silver & Gold Specialty paper (free with a $50 order) and the Aspen Tree Dies (free with a $100 order). I hadn't yet bought the Aspen tree dies, but I'd been looking at them since the July-December Mini Catalog came out, so I was so excited to get them free recently. You should too, and quickly, as Sale-a-Bration ends on August 31st!

 I just love that you can use the Silver & Gold paper as is, emboss on it or color it like I did today. I feel it will be great for holiday cards too. 

Let's make this card. First, gather your supplies.   

1. Gray Granite--Card base 5 1/2 by 8 1/2" scored on the long side at 4 1/4" and folded in half along the score line. Another piece 5 3/8 by 4 1/8"
2. Silver & Gold 6 x 6" Specialty Paper--cut 4 by 5 1/4"
3. Basic White Cardstock for the inside 4 by 5 1/4" and a scrap for the sentiment
4. Basic Black Cardstock scrap for the deer
5. Stamp Set--Perched in a Tree (#159791 or 159799 for the bundle), Soft Seedlings (#159905) and Watercolor Shapes (#156968)
6. Dies-- Aspen Tree Dies (#159798 or #1163102 if you get it free during Sale-a-Bration) and either Layering Circles (#151770) or Stylish Shapes (#159183) for a masking circle
7. Punch--Deer Builder (#156390)
8. Ink--So Saffron, Balmy Blue, Pacific Point, Night of Navy, Gray Granite, Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
9. Basic supplies--bone folder, Paper Snips, adhesive (I like Multipurpose Glue), Foam Adhesive Strips, Die Cutting and Embossing Machine, Blending Brushes, Wink of Stella

Start by using the smallest circle from Watercolor Shapes and stamp a moon in So Saffron about 1/3 of the way down the Silver Dotted paper. Now make a mask to cover it by using the smallest Stylish Shapes or Layering Circles Die. Attach the circle on top of the moon lightly with Washi tape. Using your Blending Brushes, start near the moon with your lightest color (Balmy Blue) and blend outwards. Then use Pacific Point and Night of Navy on the outside. Once you are done with this piece, use a tissue to wipe the excess ink off the foil dots. For more tips and tricks on blending, please watch my Facebook Live linked below. After you are done blending, remove the mask on your moon and it should look like this:



Using the large oval aspen dies and your 5 3/8 by 4 1/8" piece of Gray Granite, cut out the aspen dies. Take the paintbrush (larger) side of your  Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker and run it along the edges of the trees and use the smaller/bullet point side to fill in the tiny embossed lines on the trees.

Attach the trees to the blue/silver/moon background using Foam Adhesive strips and then to the card base using Multipurpose Glue or Stampin' Seal or Seal+. Stamp the sentiment (from Soft Seedlings) in Gray Granite on a scrap piece of Basic White and glue it to the front. Punch a deer in black using your Deer Builder punch and attach using glue. Stamp the branch from Perched on a Tree to the inside piece of Basic White and attach to the inside. Once glued on, use some Wink of Stella on your deer for a little shimmer and you are done. 


Here's the link to my Facebook Live on Stamp with Dr Robin, or you can watch it on my YouTube channel by the same name. Don't forget to like or subscribe as that helps me grow my business. No Facebook Live next week, so tune in on 9/12 for my next one and post. As always, let me know if I can help you with anything stamping.

Robin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog