Soft Seedlings Fun Fold

If you are like me, the Soft Seedlings stamp set in the July-Dec Mini Catalog was not the first set you noticed when you looked through the catalog. But I kept coming back to look at it when I noticed the beautiful sayings and that it is a Distinctive stamp and then saw some gorgeous cards that others were making, I decided to go ahead and buy it, and I keep thinking of beautiful ways to use it. I send a lot of "thinking of you" cards as I find they work for many different reasons to send a card--sympathy, get well, truly just thinking of someone, and even birthday cards. And there are other nice sentiments in the stamp set also, and all for only $20!

 Let's make this fun fall card. First, gather your supplies.

1. Cajun Craze cardstock--Card base 7 1/4 by 5 1/2" scored at 3". Another piece 4 1/2" by 4 1/2" scored at 1"
2. Rustic Harvest Designer Series Paper (DSP)--Crushed Curry piece is 2 3/4 by 5 1/4" and the Cajun Craze piece is 1 1/2 by 4 1/2"
3. Basic White cardstock--3 by 4" for the front and 4 by 5 1/4" for the inside and a scrap for the sentiment
4. Stamp Set--Soft Seedlings (#159905)
5. Ribbon--Baker's Twine Essential Pack (#155475)
6. Ink--Crushed Curry, Mossy Meadow, Merry Merlot and Cajun Craze
7. Basic supplies--bone folder, Paper Snips, adhesive (I like Multipurpose Glue), Regular and Mini Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers.

Start with stamping the big leaf on the 3 by 4" piece of Basic White, which I did by first stamping the whole stamp in Crushed Curry. Then I used Sponge Daubers to apply Mossy Meadow (on the stems and a few random places on the leaf) as well as Mossy Meadow and Cajun Craze. This looks almost like I used the baby-wipe technique, but less messy. I also stamped one of the individual seedlings on the inside Basic White piece.  Use Mossy Meadow ink to stamp the sentiment on a scrap piece of Basic White and bubble cut it out around the sentiment. Here's a close up:
 

Now let's put the card together. Fold the card base and the other piece of Cajun Craze along their fold lines. Glue the 1" folded pieces to the front/inside of the back page of the card base, centering it top and bottom and making sure when you fold the bigger part over the front of the card that the outside fold is lined up with the outside of the card. This is why I like to use glue, because you have some wiggle-room before it dries. Please watch my Facebook Live (Monday 8/15/22) on Stamp with Dr Robin or my YouTube channel with the same name if this doesn't make sense to you. And while you are over on YouTube please "like" my channel. Thanks!


Now back to card making. Attach your inside piece and the Crushed Curry piece to the outside left as above. 


Attach the Cajun Craze piece of Rustic Harvest DSP to the front center of the flap. Wrap some of the Baker's Twine twice around the stamped image and tie a bow. Attach it to the front with Dimensionals. Attach the sentiment with regular and mini Dimensionals and you are done!
So pretty! I love fall colors and fall cards. Now go send this card to someone to brighten their day!


 Here's the link to my Facebook Live, and my YouTube if you need additional help.
https://www.facebook.com/102609391488106/videos/361388986037912

See you next Monday at 1 pm PST for another card.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog