Paradise Palms Floating Circle Retirement Card

I've had this bundle in my stash for several months now and had not used it until today. I had just sent the last of my retirement cards, so I needed to fill up my stash also. I think I bought this set for 2 reasons--these palm tree dies and the fact that we have so few sets with anything about retirement.  As usual, Stampin' Up has made a wonderful set with lots of potential uses, which I figured out as I worked with it. And this card lets you use up those 1/2" strips of cardstock we all have sitting around! I first made the bright one on the left and then in my Facebook live/YouTube video (both are Stamp with Dr Robin) I made the subtle one on the right. 

Let's make this card! Gather your supplies:
1. Basic White Thick cardstock--Card base 5 1/2 by 8 1/2" scored on the long side at  4 1/4" and folded along the score line. 
2. Basic White cardstock--cut 4 by 5 1/4". Another scrap punched with the small part of the Double Oval punch
3. Basic Black cardstock--die cut 2 of the palms
4. Granny Apple Green (on the left) or Soft Succulent (on the right) cardstock cut using the grass die
5. Multiple 1/2" pieces of whatever cardstock you want to use for the circle. The left used (from the top) Calypso Coral, Mango Melody, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point and Bermuda Bay. The right one used So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Petal Pink, Mint Macaron and Balmy Blue. Pick one of these colors and punch the scalloped part of the Double Oval Punch
6. Window Sheet--die cut the largest Layering Circle
7. Stamp Set--Paradise Palms (#157716)
8. Dies--Palms Dies (#157718) and Layering Circles (#151770)
9. Embossing Folder--Cane Weave Embossing Folder (#160580)
10. Double Oval Punch (#154242)
11. Ink--Memento Black Ink
12. Basic supplies--bone folder, Paper Snips, adhesive (I like Multipurpose Glue),  Regular and Mini Dimensionals, Die Cutting and Embossing Machine, Paper Trimmer

Start by folding your card base in half. Run the 4 by 5 1/4" piece of Basic White through your Embossing Machine using the Cane Weave Embossing Folder--remember to use the correct "sandwich" (only the gray and base 1 & 4 plates) so it slides through easily. Attach that to your card base using Multipurpose Glue. 

Now take your Window Sheet circle and select 5 pieces of 1/2" strips of cardstock--any combo will work or use the ones I mentioned above. Glue one to the bottom of the circle and then leave about 1 mm of space between each piece and keep going up the circle--use your Grid Paper to keep everything straight. You can watch me do this on my Facebook Live below. Trim the excess strips even with the Window Sheet. Add Dimensionals to the back of the circle and attach it to your card--be sure to place them behind a strip so they don't show.

Cut a bit off the bottom of one of the palm trees so they are different heights. Attach 1 or 2 Mini Dimensionals to the back center of the palm fronds and attach to the card making sure that the Dimensionals are on the card, not the circle. Put a little line of glue on the tree trunks. I attached one tree under the grass and one tree over the grass and attached the grass with glue also. 


Now for the sentiment. Punch the small oval in white and the scalloped oval in one of the colors you used in your circle. Stamp a sentiment on the small oval using the Memento ink and attach to the scalloped oval. Attach this to the card with Dimensionals. Add a sentiment inside and you are done. 


Below is my Facebook Live from 3/13/23 where I make this card and show you some tips to help with the cardmaking. Join me every Monday at 1 pm PST for some cardmaking fun over on Stamp with Dr Robin on Facebook. Or follow me on YouTube with the same name (be sure to hit the Subscribe button). Happy Stampin'
Robin 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog