In Color Cards

 


So glad to be back from vacation, just in time to welcome in our new Annual Catalog and our new 2023-25 In Colors. They are Copper Clay, Wild Wheat, Boho Blue, Moody Mauve and Pebbled Path. I decided to make the same card using each of the colors and that helped me have a better appreciation of all of them, though at this point Copper Clay is my favorite. I know that will change over time, but I will use it as my example for making this card. If you don't have a demonstrator that you are working with and would like a new catalog, shoot me an email at stampwithdrrobin@gmail.com. Also email me if you'd like information about my Paper Share for this catalog. 

Let's make this card! Gather your supplies 
1. Copper Clay cardstock (or whichever color you are using)--Card base 5 1/2 by 8 1/2" scored on the long side at  4 1/4" and folded along the score line. A second piece 4 by 5 1/4". A scrap to cut the leaf.
2. Basic White cardstock--3 3/4 by 5" for the inside and a piece to cut the sentiment piece
3. 2023-25 In Color 6" by 6" DSP--cut 2 by 5 1/4"
4. Foursquare Decorative Masks
5. Stamp Sets--Earthen Textures and Lasting Joy
6. Dies--Nested Essentials and Earthen Textures
7. Ink--Copper Clay 
8. Textured Ribbon in Copper Clay
9. 2023-25 In Color Dots
10. Basic supplies--bone folder, Paper Snips, adhesive (I like Multipurpose Glue),  Regular Dimensionals, Paper Trimmer, Glue Dots, Die Cutting and Embossing Machine, Blending Brush

Take the lined Foursquare Decorative Mask and lay it over the 4 by 5 1/4" piece of Copper Clay Cardstock. Using your Blending Brush, lay down a light layer of Copper Clay ink over the whole piece. For hints, watch my video from my Facebook live below, or watch it on YouTube at Stamp with Dr Robin. 

Cut the sentiment piece out of Basic White cardstock using the smallest of the diamond-ish shaped dies. Take the small basked stamp from the Earthen Textures set and after stamping off the ink twice, stamp it across the die cut--you may want to practice this on the back of your sentiment piece. You will have to stamp it 3 times (but remember to stamp off twice with each one) to fill it up. Stamp a sentiment from Lasting Joy (full strength) on top of this. 

Stamp the inside piece like this using the same 2 stamp sets and attach to the inside of the card. 



Attach the In Color DSP to the left side of the 4 by 5 1/4" piece above, letting about 1/4" show to the left of the DSP. Wrap the Textured Ribbon around it and tie a knot--this should cover the seam between the DSP and the cardstock. Now attach it to your card base. 

Attach the sentiment using Dimensionals. Use the Earthen Textures dies to cut a leaf from Copper Clay and attach with glue, slipping it behind the sentiment piece. Add a small and large 2023-25 In Color Dots and admire your card!


Here's another picture of the finished card:


And here's another picture of all of the In Color cards I made. Which is your favorite?


Below is my Facebook Live from 5/15/23 where I make this card and show you some tips to help with the cardmaking. Join me every Monday at 1 pm PST for some cardmaking fun over on Stamp with Dr Robin on Facebook. Or follow me on YouTube with the same name (be sure to hit the Subscribe button while you are there). 
Happy Stampin',

Robin  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog