Irresistible Blooms Fun Fold

In case you haven't realized it yet, this year Stampin' Up is offering on-line exclusive stamp sets, bundles, papers and embellishments that can ONLY be found on our on-line store. The Irresistible Blooms bundle and Hello, Irresistible Designer Series Paper that I used today are some of those you can only see on-line. I've had this set for a month or more, but this is the first time I've used it and now I'm hooked. Please click on the Red Robin in the upper left of my blog to shop for these on my store. As always, I've posted my Facebook Live below where you can see me make this card. 

Let's make this card! Gather your supplies 
1. Flirty Flamingo cardstock--Card base 4 1/4 by 11" scored on the long side at  5 1/2" and folded along the score line. 
2. Whisper White cardstock--4 by 9 1/4" scored at 2,4 and 6". A second piece cut from the second largest circle from Stylish Shapes
3. Black cardstock--a scrap to cut the short, fat bi-flagged Stylish Shape
4. Hello Irresistible DSP -- 4 by 5 1/4" for the front and a second piece 1 3/4 by 3 3/4" for the inside
5. Stamp Sets--Irresistible Blooms
6. Dies--Irresistible Blooms and Stylish Shapes
7. Ink--Flirty Flamingo and Versamark
8. Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels
9. For heat embossing--Versamark, Stamping Buddy, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool
10. Basic supplies--bone folder, Paper Snips, adhesive (I like Multipurpose Glue but also used Stampin' Seal Plus for this card),  Regular Dimensionals, Paper Trimmer, Die Cutting and Embossing Machine

Start by folding your card base in half along the score line. Attach the 4 by 5 1/4" piece of DSP to the front of the card. This time I used Stampin' Seal Plus and only put it around the outside of the DSP and a tiny piece of the Seal Plus on the top middle as it will help you hold it together when you die cut. 

Using the largest Stylish Shapes circle cut through the front (both the card base and DSP) about 3/4-1" from the top of the front. Do not die cut through the back of your card. Now pull off the circle of DSP and use it for another card (see below how I used it). 

Fold the piece of Basic White along the fold lines into a table--you can see it below. Attach the 1 3/4 by 3 3/4" piece of DSP to the third 2" part. Then attach the end 2" piece to the inside front of the card, only putting glue around the sides and the end (not across the fold). Then put adhesive on the back of the largest section, fold up the card and stick this section down. With the card closed, attach the Flirty Flamingo circle to the BOTTOM only, below the fold (see below). If this is confusing, please watch my video below. 

 

Now use your Flirty Flamingo ink to stamp some dots (I stamped off first) on the Basic White circle. Attach to the Flirty Flamingo circle.  I cut 2 flowers from the paper using the dies, attached them together and added Dimensionals to the back. I also cut 2 sets of leaves from the DSP and glued them down first then the flowers. It is important that none of the leaves or flowers extend over the cut out circles or the card won't open well. 

Use your Embossing Buddy on the black cardstock before stamping the sentiment in Versamark. Sprinkle on White Embossing Powder and tap off the extra. Heat with your Heat Tool until the powder melts. Attach to the white circle, again making sure it doesn't extend over the Flirty Flamingo circle. 


Scatter 5 of the Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels around your card and you are done. Here's another picture of the card:

 

Here is the card I made with the circle of DSP we cut out tat the beginning. I used the Bough punch  to punch 3 Soft Seafoam small boughs, otherwise the same supplies as the original card. 


Below is my Facebook Live from 6/19/23 where I make this card and show you some tips to help with the cardmaking. Join me every Monday at 1 pm PST for some cardmaking fun over on Stamp with Dr Robin on Facebook. Or follow me on YouTube with the same name (be sure to hit the Subscribe button while you are there). 

Happy Stampin',

Robin   

Comments

  1. Absolutely love this card design! Can't wait to give it a try, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog