Celebrate the Miracle in Lost Lagoon



I have had such fun making cards with the On-Line Exclusive Celebrate the Miracle stamp set. If you watch my Facebook Live below (or my YouTube on Stamp with Dr Robin also), I show several other cards I've made with this amazing stamp set. It has great sentiments as well as perfect images to make a ton of Chanukah cards (yes, I like to use the spelling with "Ch"). I did a wonderful class this past weekend using the stamp set with the Shining Brightly DSP--I have one more set left if anyone is interested in this, just email me at stampwithdrrobin@gmail.com. 

 Let's make this card! Gather your supplies:

1. Lost Lagoon cardstock --Card base 5 1/2" by 8 1/2" scored on the long side at  4 1/4" and folded along the score line. 
2. Snowflake Magic Specialty DSP 2" by 5 1/2"
3. Holographic Trio (silver one)--3" by 3 1/4" and two pieces 1/4" by 5 1/2"
4. Basic White cardstock--2 3/4" by 3" and inside piece 3 1/2" (or 3 3/4") by 5"
5. Stamp Sets--Celebrate the Miracle
6. Ink--Lost Lagoon, Crushed Curry
7. Faceted Gems Trio Pack
8. Embossing supplies--Versamark, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Silver Embossing Powder
9. Silver & White 1/2" Sheer Ribbon
10. Light Pretty Peacock or Lost Lagoon Blend
11. Basic supplies--Bone folder, Paper Snips, adhesive (I like Multipurpose Glue and Seal+), Paper Trimmer, Glue Dots, Take Your Pick Tool, Piercing Mat,  Regular Dimensionals

Start by embossing the menorah on the 2 3/4" by 3" piece of Basic White--make sure the longer side is in portrait (up and down) mode. Wipe the paper with your Embossing Buddy, stamp in Versamark, spoon on the silver embossing powder and flick off the excess then melt the powder with your Heat Tool. 

Stamp the candles in Lost Lagoon and the flames in Crushed Curry. Watch my video below to learn some tips and tricks to using these stamps. Attach this piece to the Holographic Paper--I like to use Seal+ for this as you can see the glue if any gets on the Holographic Paper. 




Stamp the sentiment in Lost Lagoon to the inside Basic White piece, as well as several of the Stars of David across the bottom. Attach to the inside.



Now to put it all together.  Fold the card base in half along the score line. Attach the Snowflake Magic Specialty DSP and the 1/4" strips above and below this. Attach the menorah piece with Dimensionals. 

Take about 4" of the Silver & White 1/2" Sheer Ribbon and color it with a Blend for the card, or see below where I left it white. Tie it in a knot, cut the ends on a diagonal and attach with a glue dot to the base of the menorah. Scatter 3 of the white or Lost Lagoon Faceted Gems Trio Pack embellishments around the card as above, or leave them off as I did below. Notice the card below was made with the Silver Adhesive-Backed Glimmer paper that is now out of stock, but it does make a beautiful card too. 


 Below is my Facebook Live from 11/6/23 where I make this card, and show you some tips to help with the cardmaking. Join me every Monday at 1 pm PST for some cardmaking fun over on Stamp with Dr Robin on Facebook. Or follow me on YouTube with the same name (be sure to hit the Subscribe button while you are there). And let me know if you have questions. You can click on the red Robin above left to order these supplies from my store. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog