Fun Easy Arrow Cards



Once I learned how to make these arrow cards (thank you Tammy White), I couldn't stop making them and kept coming up with so many different stamp sets and Designer Series Paper to use them with. I love that they only take a normal sized card base and a piece of DSP, and that it uses both sides of our wonderful paper. I've tried to include pictures of each step in folding this. If you get lost, watch me make both of these card on my Facebook live below and then come back every Monday at 1 pm PST to join me for more card making fun! Or you can watch me on YouTube--both are at  Stamp with Dr Robin. 

Don't forget, we have a wonderful joining special going on until the end of February where you can choose an extra $30 in product ($155 in product for $99 and free shipping) or get the Glass Mat Studio (retail price $60) for free for your $99 (and still choose $125 in product and free shipping).

Here is a closer look at the Valentine's Day card and the inside of the card:

Let's make these cards! I call the Valentine card, card 1 and the other one card 2. Gather your supplies:

1. Card base 5 1/2" by 8 1/2" scored on the long side at  4 1/4" and folded along the score line. For card 1 the card base is Real Red and for card 2 it is Pretty Peacock
2. Basic White cardstock--both have 4" by 5 1/4" for the inside. For card 1 there is a heart punched with the Bee My Valentine larger heart
3. DSP cut 4" by 5 1/4"--for card 1 Most Adored and card 2 it is Perennial Lavender. Also for card 1 punch 3 more hearts from the Most Adored DSP
4. Vellum--2"circle punched with the Circle Punch
5. Decorations for the front of card 2 are die cut using the Painted Lavender dies out of Crumb Cake, Pretty Peacock, Highland Heather and Three Color Glimmer Specialty Paper (an Online Exclusive)
6. Stamp Set--Bee My Valentine for card 1, and Perennial Postage for card 2
7. Dies--Painted Lavender for card 2
8. Punch--Bee My Valentine for card 1 and 2" Circle Punch for card 2
9. Ink--Real Red for card 1 and Highland Heather for card 2
10. Embellishments--Adhesive-Backed Hearts & Flowers for card 1. Purple Fine Shimmer Gems and Paper Butterfly Accents for card 2
11. Basic supplies--Bone folder, Paper Snips, adhesive (I like Multipurpose Glue), Paper Trimmer,  Take Your Pick Tool, Regular Dimensionals, pencil and ruler, Blending Brush

Take your card base and mark half way across the bottom and sides of the front with the pencil. That means you will mark 2 3/4" on the bottom and 2 1/8" on the sides. as below.


Put the center bottom tick mark in the track of your Paper Trimmer as well as the center score line (4 1/4") and score between those two places. Now pivot and score between the same center bottom tick mark and the same side's tick mark. Now do the other side the same way--score between the center bottom and the center score line as well as the center side tick mark. When you are done it should look like the picture on the right. 

Next, fold towards the back/inside of the card the 2 center/longer score lines and should look like the picture on the left. Now fold along the other/smaller fold lines outward and it should look like the picture on the right.



Turning to the inside, glue down both parts of the arrow, both under the whole larger fold (where my thumb is below) and under the smaller one (where my finger is). Be careful on the smaller one as the whole fold isn't glued down.

Now you are ready to decorate. Take your 4" by 5 1/4" piece of DSP, make a tick mark at the bottom of the long side at 2 5/8" (the center) and cut from the upper outer corner to that mark on both sides. This will cut the triangle for the front (glue it on) and the 2 smaller triangles for the inside. If you have a directional paper on one side make sure you account for this. Stamp your sentiment in Real Red in the center top of your piece of Basic White. Turn the smaller triangle over and glue them to the outside corners and then adhere the whole thing to the inside of the card. For this card decorate the front with 3 hearts punched using the larger heart on the Bee My Valentine punch from the Most Adored DSP and a 4th heart stamped in Real Red with the saying from Bee My Valentine stamp set. I used 1 small and 1 large pink heart from -Adhesive-Backed Hearts & Flowers to finish the card off. 


Here is a closer look at card #2. I made it the same way as above, just decorated it with dies from Painted Lavender. I added a Paper Butterfly Accent that I colored using a Blending Brush and Highland Heather ink. 


Below is my Facebook Live from 1/15/24 where I make this card, and show you some tips to help with the cardmaking. Join me every Monday at 1 pm PST for some cardmaking fun over on Stamp with Dr Robin on Facebook. Or follow me on YouTube with the same name (be sure to hit the Subscribe button while you are there). And let me know if you have questions. You can click on the red Robin above left to order from my store. 

Happy Stampin',

Robin 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog