Doggone Friendly 2 Cards! 


I am definitely a dog person, as I am allergic to cats and this adorable Doggone Friendly large stamp caught my eye right away in the Jan-April 2024 Mini Catalog. I love that there are so many dogs represented on this stamp set and that you can use them all together or cut them apart for a different look.  If you have any questions, or want more tips on using this big stamp, please watch my Facebook Live below and then come back every Monday at 1 pm PST to join me for more card making fun! Or you can watch me on YouTube--both are at  Stamp with Dr Robin.

Let's make these cards! I will call the card on the left Card 1 and the one on the right, Card 2. Gather your supplies:

1. Pebbled Path cardstock --Card base 5 1/2" by 8 1/2" scored on the long side at  4 1/4" and folded along the score line. A second piece for Card 1-- 3 5/8" by 4 7/8".
2. Nature's Sweetness Specialty DSP--For Card 1 the Pecan Pie piece is 4" by 5 1/4". For Card 2, the Pebbled Path piece is 3 1/2" by 4 1/4".
3. Basic White cardstock-- inside piece 3 3/4" by 5". A second piece 3 1/2" by 4 3/4" for Card 1 and 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" for Card 2 and scraps for the sentiments
4. Most Adored DSP 2 3/4" by 4 1/4" for Card 2
5. Stamp Sets--Doggone Friendly, Heartfelt Hellos, Bee My Valentine
6. Dies --Thoughtful Expressions
7. Ink--Pebbled Path, Pecan Pie, Real Red
8. Faux Leather Trim for Card 1
9. 2023-25 In Color Dots for Card 2
10. Basic supplies--Bone folder, Paper Snips, adhesive (I like Multipurpose Glue and Seal+), Paper Trimmer, Take Your Pick Tool, Piercing Mat or Glass Mat,  Regular Dimensionals, Cut and Emboss Machine, Sponge Dauber for Card 1

Let's start with Card 1. Ink up the stamp with Pecan Pie ink, then use a Sponge Dauber and Pebbled Path ink to re-ink some of the dogs. Stamp on the 3 1/2" by 4 3/4" piece of Basic White. Attach that to the smaller piece of Pebbled Path and tie the Faux Leather Trim around it and tie a knot on the right side of the card.

Fold your card base in half and attach the 4" by 5 1/4" piece of Nature's Sweetness DSP to the card base. Attach the stamped dogs/Pebbled Path piece to the card using Dimensionals. 



Stamp the sentiment from Heartfelt Hellos on the smallest die cut from Thoughtful Expressions. Attach it using Dimensionals--works best if they are above and below the Faux Leather Trim. 

Stamp some hearts from Bee My Valentine in Pebbled Path on your inside Basic White piece and attach to the inside. 
 

For Card 2, stamp the entire Doggone stamp on the 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" piece of Basic White using Pebbled Path ink. using your snips, cut out the bottom row of dogs. Attach that to the cute baby hearts paper from the FREE Sale a Bration Most Adored DSP and then attach that to the 3 1/2" by 4 1/4" piece of Nature's Sweetness DSP. Attach the whole thing to your card base.




Using Real Red ink, stamp the front sentiment (from Bee My Valentine) on the Thoughtful Expressions die cut. Stamp some hearts from Bee My Valentine in Real Red on your inside Basic White piece and attach to the inside. Use the biggest and the medium sized Pebbled Path  2023-25 In Color Dots in the upper right corner of your card and you are done!



Below is my Facebook Live from 2/5/24 where I make this card, and show you some tips to help with the cardmaking. Join me every Monday at 1 pm PST for some cardmaking fun over on Stamp with Dr Robin on Facebook. Or follow me on YouTube with the same name (be sure to hit the Subscribe button while you are there). And let me know if you have questions. You can click on the red Robin above left to order from my store. 

Happy Stampin',

Robin  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog