Simply Zinnia Sneak Peek


The zinnias are coming! The zinnias are coming! And if you are a demonstrator, the zinnias are here! This is a sneak peek of the Simply Zinnia suite that will be an On-Line Exclusive starting 3/5 for customers, but everyone can get it now, if they join my Robin's Rowdies team with the wonderful joining special that gets you the free Glass Mat Studio, or an extra $30 of whatever product you'd like. But today is about the zinnia suite that includes the stamp set and dies (some that cut out flowers in the Designer Series Paper), a beautiful embossing folder as well as the gorgeous Adhesive Backed Shiny Sequins that come in 4 colors and 2 sizes. You can see it all on my Facebook Live below, or if you need help with coloring with blends, please watch my Facebook Live below and then come back every Monday at 1 pm PST to join me for more card making fun! Or you can watch me on YouTube--both are at  Stamp with Dr Robin.

Here's a peek of the new Flowering Zinnias DSP--isn't it amazing? So bright and happy colors. 




Let's make this card! Gather your supplies:

1. Lemon Lolly cardstock --Card base 5 1/2" by 8 1/2" scored on the long side at  4 1/4" and folded along the score line. 
2. Flowering Zinnias DSP--4" by 5 1/4" piece 
3. Basic White cardstock-- inside piece 3 3/4" by 5". A second piece 3/4" by 4 1/4" for the sentiment, and a third piece 4" by 5 1/4" 
4. Pumpkin Pie cardstock--4 1/8" by 5 3/8"
5. Melon Mambo cardstock--1" by 4 1/4"
6. Stamp Sets--Simply Zinnia, Sweetly Scripted (both are new On-Line Exclusives)
7. Ink--Pumpkin Pie, Memento Black
8. Dies--Countryside Corners
9. Sheer Ribbon Combo Pack--small piece of Lemon Lolly
10. Adhesive-Backed Shiny Sequins
11. Blends--L&D Lemon Lolly, D Daffodil Delight, L&D Pumpkin Pie, L Calypso Coral, L Flirty Flamingo, L&D Melon Mambo, D Lemon Lime Twist, D Old Olive and don't forget your Color Lifter (I needed this when I made this card).
12. Basic supplies--Bone folder, Paper Snips, adhesive (I like Multipurpose Glue and Seal+), Paper Trimmer, Take Your Pick Tool, Piercing Mat,  Regular Dimensionals, Cut and Emboss Machine, Mini Glue Dots.

Let's start with stamping the large zinnia stamp on the 4" by 5 1/4" piece of Basic White in Memento Ink--this is the best ink to use when you are coloring with blends. I used the D Daffodil Delight to color all the little stars in the centers of the zinnias then used L&D Lemon Lolly, and D Daffodil Delight on one, L&D Pumpkin Pie, and L Calypso Coral on the orangish one, and L Flirty Flamingo, and L&D Melon Mambo on the pink one. For the stems I used D Lemon Lime Twist and D Old Olive. As I colored a bit outside the lines, I used my Color Lifter too. I then cut this out using the second to largest Countryside Corners die. 


I stamped the sentiment from Sweetly Scripted (another must have from the upcoming On-Line Exclusives) onto the 3/4" by 4 1/4" piece of Basic White and attached it to the Melon Mambo piece


Lastly, I stamped the single zinnia on the inside piece of Basic White and attached it to the inside of the card.

To put the whole card together, attach the piece of Flowering Zinnias DSP to the Pumpkin Pie card stock and then to the card base. Attach the stamped zinnias to the card now, and then the sentiment using Dimensionals. Use 1 small and 2 large of the orangish or yellow Adhesive-Backed Shiny Sequins to the front. Tie a knot in a small piece of Lemon Lolly from the Sheer Ribbon Combo Pack and diagonally cut the ends. Attach with a Mini Glue Dot and you are done. 

 Below is my Facebook Live from 2/12/24 where I make this card, and show you some tips to help with the cardmaking. Join me every Monday at 1 pm PST for some cardmaking fun over on Stamp with Dr Robin on Facebook. Or follow me on YouTube with the same name (be sure to hit the Subscribe button while you are there). And let me know if you have questions. You can click on the red Robin above left to order from my store. 

Happy Stampin',

Robin  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog