2024-5 Annual Catalog Sneak Peek


This past weekend I was able to attend the Stampin' Up! demonstrator yearly convention called On Stage where we received the new 2024-25 Annual Catalog and got to play with some new products as well as received some as gifts from the new catalog. I was fortunate to receive the new Leaf Collection background stamp as well as the Simply Said sentiment stamp sets that I used on this card. We also got to play with the new In Colors (GORGEOUS!), and were showered with presents, and you can see them on my Facebook Live below. Here are the new stamp sets--I personally love the large background stamps and show you how to best stamp with them in the Facebook live. You can also access this on YouTube at Stamp with Dr Robin. 



Let's make this card! Gather your supplies:

1. Lemon Lime Twist cardstock --Card base 5 1/2" by 8 1/2" scored on the long side at  4 1/4" and folded along the score line. 
2. Basic White cardstock-- A piece 4 1/4" by 5 1/2", a second piece 3 3/4" by 5" for the inside. A third piece for the sentiment
3. Stamp Sets-- Leaf Collection and Simply Said (both from the 2024-5 Annual Catalog)
4. Ink--Lemon Lime Twist, Granny Apple Green and Garden Green
5. Dies--Something Fancy
6. Real Red & Garden Green 3/8" Ribbon Combo Pack
7. 2022-24 In Color Pearls
8. Basic supplies--Bone folder, Paper Snips, adhesive (I like Multipurpose Glue and Seal+), Paper Trimmer, Take Your Pick Tool,  Regular Dimensionals, Cut and Emboss Machine, Sponge Daubers

Start by inking up your large Leaf Collection stamp--I inked half with Lemon Lime Twist and half with Granny Apple Green then blended the two together with a sponge dauber to prevent a harsh line. Then I used another sponge dauber to add some Garden Green around the edges and on some of the Lemon Lime Twist leaves. I like to lay the F block with the stamp face up to do all this then lay the 1/4 sheet of Basic White on top of this and then a piece of scratch paper and rub it all (watch the video if you need more help with this). Now trim this piece to 4" by 5 1/4"--I always do this when using a large background stamp. 

Stamp with Granny Apple Green the sentiment on the piece of Basic White die cut using the Something Fancy dies (carrying over). Sponge the edges a bit with Granny Apple Green ink. 


Fold your card base in half. Attach a 3 3/4" piece that you cut off from the front stamped page to the bottom of the 3 3/4" by 5" piece of Basic White and add this to the inside of your card. 


To finish putting your card together, tie a piece of Garden Green ribbon around the front stamped piece and make a knot. Attach that to your card. Attach the sentiment using Dimensionals. Scatter 5 of the Parakeet Party 2022-24 In Color Pearls around your card and you are done.

In case you are wondering where the paper came from in the background of my first picture, it is the new DSP Country Woods from the 2024-5 Annual Catalog. 


Here is another card I made with these stamp sets. I embossed in gold on Blackberry Bliss for this stunning look. 





Below is my Facebook Live from 3/18/24 where I make these cards, and show you some tips to help with the cardmaking. Join me every Monday at 1 pm PST for some cardmaking fun over on Stamp with Dr Robin on Facebook. Or follow me on YouTube with the same name (be sure to hit the Subscribe button while you are there). And let me know if you have questions. You can click on the red Robin above left to order from my store. 

Happy Stampin',

Robin  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog