The Wave of Inspiration Meets Summer Splash


I have been spending time lately with some of my favorite stamp sets and bundles from the 2023-4 Annual and the 2024 Jan-April catalogs before they retire. One that caught my eye that I hadn't used in a very long time was the Waves of Inspiration bundle. I live in San Diego, though not so near the ocean, but I always love going and watching the waves--it is one of my happy places that always relaxes me. I decided to use this set with the new Summer Splash 2024-5 In Color, which pairs wonderfully with Blueberry Bushel in this card. If you don't recognize the DSP in the background of the card above, it is because it is a new DSP appearing in the upcoming 2024-5 Annual Catalog. It is called Unbounded Beauty DSP and it is beautiful as the papers use all the luscious new In Colors.  

Let's make this card! Gather your supplies:

1. Basic White Thick cardstock --Card base 5 1/2" by 8 1/2" scored on the long side at  4 1/4" and folded along the score line. 
2. Basic White cardstock-- 3 7/8" by 5 1/8" piece and a piece cut with the Waves die for the sentiment
3. Blueberry Bushel cardstock 4" by 5 1/4"
4. Stamp Sets-- Waves of Inspiration
5. Ink--Blueberry Bushel, Summer Splash, Basic Beige (the last 2 are new colors)
6. Dies--Waves
7. Summer Splash 3/8" Bordered Ribbon
8. Embossing Supplies--embossing buddy, Versamark, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool
9. Basic supplies--Bone folder, Paper Snips, adhesive (I like Multipurpose Glue and Seal+), Paper Trimmer, Regular Dimensionals, Cut and Emboss Machine, Blending Brushes

Start by embossing the large wave in white on the 3 7/8" by 5 1/8" white cardstock. Be sure to use your Embossing Buddy first, stamp in Versamark, cover with white Embossing Powder and flick off the excess and heat with your Heat Tool. If you want some tips and tricks on using this large stamp, watch my Facebook Live below and come back every Monday at 1 pm PST (at Stamp with Dr Robin) or watch me on YouTube with the same name, but don't forget to subscribe! You will notice I made a little boo-boo on my live, so you can see what I did to cover it up, and make that card look a bit different than this one.

Now take your Summer Splash ink and a Blending Brush and lightly swirl the ink for the sky and around the top or the wave. Then use the Blueberry Bushel ink and a Blending Brush for most of the wave, making some areas darker than the other. You might want to come back with the Summer Splash to blend around the tops of the waves. Stamp 3 birds in Blueberry Bushel. Attach this to the Blueberry Bushel cardstock and then to the card base.

Stamp the sentiment on the die cut piece in Blueberry Bushel. Weave the Summer Splash 3/8" Bordered Ribbon behind the die and attach with some Seal or Tear 'N Tape in the back. Add some Dimensionals and attach to the card.


Using Basic Beige in, stamp the pelican stamp on the inside. 


Here's another view of the card--I wanted to be able to use this as a guy card, so I didn't use any bling, but you could add some if you'd like.



Below is my Facebook Live from 3/25/24 where I make these cards, and show you some tips to help with the cardmaking. Join me every Monday at 1 pm PST for some cardmaking fun over on Stamp with Dr Robin on Facebook. Or follow me on YouTube with the same name (be sure to hit the Subscribe button while you are there). And let me know if you have questions. You can click on the red Robin above left to order from my store. 

Happy Stampin',

Robin  


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog