Layers of Beauty In Colors


I had my first play with the new 2024-5 In Colors and I must say, I am enjoying the bright, happy colors that feel like sherbet colors to me. And aren't we all ready for summer about now? I also for the first time used the new Layers of Beauty bundle that also comes with a set of masks that I haven't used yet (but I am sure I will in a later post). Petunia Pop was the most popular new In Color at our stamping convention, but they are all lovely. If you are a demonstrator, you can start ordering these products on 4/2 and for customers you can start ordering on 5/1. If you don't have a demonstrator you are working with, and you'd like a new Annual Catalog, email me at stampwithdrrobin@gmail.com.

These cards were inspired by a post by Patty Bennet--she used the Simply Zinnia set in the In Colors to make some gorgeous cards too.

For today I am making the Petunia Pop card, but substitute any color you want to make the card with another In Color. Let's make this card! Gather your supplies:

1. Basic White Thick cardstock --Card base 5 1/2" by 8 1/2" scored on the long side at  4 1/4" and folded along the score line. 
2. Basic White cardstock-- 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" piece 
3. Petunia Pop cardstock 4" by 5 1/4" and a scrap piece for the sentiment
4. 2024-26 In Color 6" by 6" DSP-1" by 4" piece of the dotted Petunia Pop DSP
5. Stamp Sets-- Layers of Beauty
6. Ink--Petunia Pop
6. Dies--Layers of Beauty, Unbounded Love
7. Petunia Pop 3/8" Bordered Ribbon
8. Embossing Supplies--embossing buddy, Versamark, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool
9. Eyelet 3D Embossing Folder
10. Basic supplies--Bone folder, Paper Snips, adhesive (I like Multipurpose Glue and Seal+), Paper Trimmer, Regular and Mini Dimensionals, Cut and Emboss Machine, Mini Glue Dots

Below is a better picture of the Petunia Pop card we are making. Start by running the 4" by 5 1/4" piece of Petunia Pop cardstock through your Cut and Emboss machine inside the Eyelet 3D Embossing Folder. Attach that to the folded Thick Basic White card base. Attach the 1" piece of  Petunia Pop In Color 6" by 6" DSP about 1" up from the bottom of the card. 


Now for some stamping. Stamp the large floral image from the Layers of Beauty stamp set on the 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" piece of Basic White, then cut it our using the matching die. Attach it to the card front using Dimensionals. 

Emboss in white the sentiment on a piece of Petunia Pop cardstock--use your embossing buddy first, stamp in Versamark then sprinkle the white Embossing Powder and tap off the excess and melt with the Heat Tool. Cut the sentiment out using one of the Unbounded Love dies and attach with Dimensionals. Tie the coordinating ribbon in a knot and diagonally cut both ends. Attach with a Mini Glue Dot. 


Here's a better view of the cards in the other 4 new In Colors. 

 


 


Below is my Facebook Live from 4/1/24 where I make these cards, and show you some tips to help with the cardmaking. Join me every Monday at 1 pm PST for some cardmaking fun over on Stamp with Dr Robin on Facebook. Or follow me on YouTube with the same name (be sure to hit the Subscribe button while you are there). And let me know if you have questions. You can click on the red Robin above left to order from my store. 

Happy Stampin',

Robin  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog