Sneak Peek of the Layers of Beauty Decorative Masks


If you watched my Facebook Live or saw my post last week, you saw me use the Layers of Beauty stamp set to make a card that I had also made in all 5 new 2024-6 In Colors. I couldn't stop playing with this set, so now I am making a card using mostly the masks that go with the Layers of Beauty bundle. The beauty of these masks is you can use them alone, as I am doing today, or with the stamp set and any way you use them the cards come out beautiful. For the masks, just pick 3 colors that go together for the flowers and 2 for the leaves and follow the numbers on the mask. Watch my video below to truly understand how the masks are used. I used the Color Wheel on page 132 in the new Annual Catalog to help me choose my colors. 

Let's make this card. Gather your supplies: 

1. Basic Beige (a new neutral coming 5/1) cardstock --Card base 5 1/2" by 8 1/2" scored on the long side at  4 1/4" and folded along the score line. A second piece 1/2" by 4" for the sentiment
2. Basic White cardstock-- 3 3/4" by 5" piece for the inside and a 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" to use for the masks
3. Country Woods DSP--4" by 5 1/4"
4. Stamp Sets-- Layers of Beauty, Sweetly Scripted
5. Ink--Fresh Freesia, Petunia Pop, Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist and Granny Apple Green
6. Dies--Layers of Beauty
7. Layers of Beauty Decorative Masks
8. 2024-26 In Color Shimmer Gems
9. Wink of Stella
10. Basic supplies--Bone folder, Paper Snips, adhesive (I like Multipurpose Glue and Seal+), Paper Trimmer, Regular and Mini Dimensionals, Cut and Emboss Machine, Take Your Pick Tool, Regular and Mini Blending Brushes. 

Start by taping (I used old washi tape but you could use painter's tape or even Post It Notes) 2 of the corners to your work surface. It is best if you use the Glass Mat as I did or Grid Paper to be able to line up your masks properly. Then I used the 5th Decorative Mask (as it has the leaves that go the furthest to the edge) to figure out where I am placing the mask. Use a Sharpie or pen to mark the top left corner where the little "V" is on all the masks--make sure that it is lined up straight when you do this.


Now go back to mask #1 and place it in the same position as above. Using a Regular sized Blending Brush, and holding the mask so it doesn't move, blend in the Fresh Freesia in the holes on the mask. Then carefully remove the mask and replace with mask #2 and use a Mini Blending Brush (and best to use these for the rest of the masks also) and Petunia Pop ink to fill in that mask. I used Berry Burst for mask 3, Lemon Lime Twist for mask 4 and Granny Apple Green for mask 5. Now cut out the flowers using the large Layers of Beauty dies. Aren't they beautiful?


To put together the card, fold your Basic Beige card base in half on the fold line and attach the Country Woods DSP to the front. Put LOTS of Regular and Mini Dimensionals on the back of the flowers and attach to the card. Stamp in Berry Burst on the 1/2" piece of Basic Beige using one of the Sweetly Scripted stamps. Angle cut the ends and attach with Dimensionals. Scatter 1 large and 2 small Petunia Pop 2024-26 In Color Shimmer Gems on the front.


Use a corner of the large stamp and Berry Burst ink on the front envelope and the inside Basic White piece. Attach this to the inside of the card. Once you are done, use some Wink of Stella on the flowers to make them sparkle (though you can't see it on the pictures).

 

Here's a picture of the first card I made using this technique. I used the following inks on this one--Pretty in Pink, Flirty Flamingo, Berry Burst, Shy Shamrock and Shaded Spruce.



Below is my Facebook Live from 4/8/24 where I make these cards, and show you some tips to help with the cardmaking. Join me every Monday at 1 pm PST for some cardmaking fun over on Stamp with Dr Robin on Facebook. Or follow me on YouTube with the same name (be sure to hit the Subscribe button while you are there). And let me know if you have questions. You can click on the red Robin above left to order from my store. 

Happy Stampin',

Robin 


Comments

  1. Dr. Robin…here in central Texas, we were fortunate to have a 90% totality and it did get quite dark…so dark that the street lights and solar yard lights came on, however, it was a cloudy with a very occasional glimpse of the sun. It was amazing that it got dark so quickly and just as quickly started to lighten up. That is my eclipse report and since I will be 80 in August, it will be my last total eclipse. By the way, your card is lovely and I will put that stamp set, die, and stencil on my wish list. Thank you for sharing your talent with me. Charlotte Hutcheson

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog