Nothing's Better than Autumn



I know we are still in summer and it is really hot in some places, but I am dreaming of cooler fall weather and cozy autumn days filled with all the colors of changing leaves. That is what inspired me to make this card. I am going to be using many products from the new 2024 Sept-Dec Mini Catalog on this card--if you don't have a catalog yet and aren't already working with a Stampin' Up demonstrator, email me (stampwithdrrobin@gmail.com) and I will be happy to send one to you. 

Let's make this card! Gather your supplies:

1. Copper Clay cardstock --Card base 5 1/2"" by 8 1/2" scored on the long side at 4 1/4".A second piece 1" by 5 1/4" and a scrap for cutting the "Nothing's Better Than" die.
2. Basic Beige cardstock--a 4" by 5 1/4" piece for the inside of your card and a scrap for the sentiment cut with the Greetings of the Season dies.
3. Splendid Autumn 6" by 6"  DSP--3" by 5 1/4"
4. Stamp Sets--More Than Autumn
5. Dies--More Than Autumn, Greetings of the Season
6. Ink--Pumpkin Pie
7. Birch Wood 3D Embossing Folder
8. Faux Glass Dots
9. Woven Golden Leaves
10. Wild Wheat Rustic Striped Ribbon
11. Natural Tones Linen Thread--the Copper Clay one
12. Basic supplies--Bone folder, Paper Snips, adhesive (I like Multipurpose Glue and Seal+), Paper Trimmer, Take Your Pick Tool,  Regular Dimensionals, Cut and Emboss Machine, Tear 'N Tape, Glue Dots

Fold your card base in half. Run the 1" piece of Copper Clay through the Cut and Emboss Machine inside the Birch Wood embossing folder. Attach that to the left side of the card base and attach the 3" piece of Splendid Autumn DSP right next to the embossed piece. If you get lost along the way here, watch my Facebook Live video below, and then join me every Monday at 1 pm PST for a new card. 

Let's make the sentiment piece. Use the die from Greetings of the Season to cut the Basic Beige cardstock. The "Nothing's Better Than" is cut out of a scrap of Copper Clay cardstock. Stamp the word Autumn from the More than Autumn stamp set in Pumpkin Pie alone the bottom of the die piece. I used glue (or you could have cut it out with some Adhesive paper) to attach the word dies to the top of this as below--watch my video to see some tricks on how to do this. Use about a 5" piece of the Copper Clay Natural Tones Linen Thread through the hole on the die piece (fold the thread in half and push the folded side through the hole in the die cut then pull the free ends through the circle you've created and pull tight) . 

                                                 

Attach about a 4" piece of the Rustic Striped Ribbon using Tear 'N Tape. Place it horizontally where the middle of your sentiment piece will be. I used one each of the small and large Woven Golden Leaves and attached them using Glue Dots so the corners will be hidden under the sentiment. Attach the sentiment using Dimensionals. I used one large and one small  Faux Glass Dots on the bottom right. 

Use the 4" by 5 1/4" piece of Basic Beige for the inside piece. Before attaching them, stamp 3 of the tiny pumpkins from More Than Autumn in Pumpkin Pie. 


Here's another view of the finished card. 

                                                 

 Below is my Facebook Live from 8/26/24 where I make this card, and show you some tips to help with the cardmaking. Join me every Monday at 1 pm PST for some cardmaking fun over on Stamp with Dr Robin on Facebook. Or follow me on YouTube with the same name (be sure to hit the Subscribe button while you are there). And let me know if you have questions by emailing me at stampwithdrrobin@gmail.com. You can click on the red Robin above left to order from my store. 

Happy Stampin',

Robin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog