Decorative Trees

I got back from visiting my daughter and new grandson to a big box of new products from the Sept-Dec Mini Catalog that goes live to customers on 9/4/24. The Decorative Trees bundle was one of the first ones I played with and I couldn't put it down. If you watch my Facebook Live (Mondays at 1 pm PST) from 9/2 I not only give you tips and tricks for making this card, but I also show you some others that I made with this bundle. There are multiple lovely dies for making trees and I will show you below all of them.

Let's make this card! Gather your supplies:

1. Thick Basic White cardstock --Card base 5 1/2"" by 8 1/2" scored on the long side at 4 1/4"
2. Basic White cardstock-- 3" by 5 1/4" (or a tiny bit smaller) and a 7/8" scrap for the sentiment
3. Garden Green cardstock--a 4" by 5 1/4" piece 
4. Take a Bow 6" by 6"  DSP--3" by 5 1/4"
5. Real Red Glimmer paper--2 pieces 1/2" by 5 1/4" and the star
6. Stamp Set--Decorative Trees
7. Dies--Decorative Trees
8. Ink--Garden Green
9. Basic supplies--Bone folder, Paper Snips, adhesive (I like Multipurpose Glue and Seal+), Paper Trimmer, Take Your Pick Tool,  Regular Dimensionals, Cut and Emboss Machine, Silicone Mat 

Die cut the holly tree from the center of  your Garden Green piece of cardstock ( a good tip as no one will see it once you make your card). Fold your card base in half and attach this to the card. 

          
                                    

Now use the outline of the tree to cut out from the DSP--center it side to side, but up a bit to leave room for the sentiment below. Attach the DSP to the 3" by 5 1/4" piece of Basic White using LOTS of Dimensionals.  Attach the 2 strips of glimmer paper to sides along the back of the Basic White--Multipurpose Glue works best for this.

To add  the green holly tree, put a blob of glue on your silicone mat and use a small piece of sponge (or a sponge dauber you will only use with glue) to dab glue to the back of it before attaching to the inside of your DSP (on the white). Alternatively, you could use Adhesive Sheets when you cut out your Garden Green tree.

Stamp your sentiment in Garden Green ink on the 7/8" strip of Basic White, flag the right side and attach with Dimensionals. Attach the Red Glimmer star at the top of the tree (on the DSP) and you are done. I also used the holly stamp and Garden Green ink on the inside, but forgot to get a picture of it. Please let me know if you'd like me to order anything for you from the Mini or Annual catalog.



Here's a picture of what all the different tree dies do. I found when using the bottom row of dies, I had to run them through twice, turning the die a different direction the second time.

                                                
 

Below is my Facebook Live from 9/2/24 where I make this card, and show you some tips to help with the cardmaking. Join me every Monday at 1 pm PST for some cardmaking fun over on Stamp with Dr Robin on Facebook. Or follow me on YouTube with the same name (be sure to hit the Subscribe button while you are there). And let me know if you have questions by emailing me at stampwithdrrobin@gmail.com. You can click on the red Robin above left to order from my store. 

Happy Stampin',

Robin


Comments

Popular posts from this blog