New Horizons and Paper Shares



Here's the card all folded up:


The New Horizons paper has been one of my favorites from the Jan-June Mini Catalog. No matter what you do, you always get a beautiful card out of every piece. I've nearly used my entire package, but this is the first time I've used this piece of DSP. Why you ask? I was having such a hard time cutting up this gorgeous scenery until I remembered this fold. It uses all but 3/4" of this paper on one card! I'm not sure what this card fold is called, but I love to use it when the whole piece of DSP is gorgeous.

But before we get going making this card, I want to make you aware of my upcoming 2022-23 Annual Paper Share.  For my paper shares, I try to keep the price reasonable by just including my "best of" the Designer Series Papers. For this catalog that means 1/4 of a package of each of these DSPs: Abigail Rose, Awash in Beauty, Butterfly Kisses, He’s the Man Specialty DSP, Hues of Happiness, Lovely in Linen, Perfectly Penciled, Sun Prints, Tea Boutique, Texture Chic Specialty DSP
This is a Total of 120 6” by 6” pieces of DSP All for $38 +$8 if you need shipping
Please email me at stampwithdrrobin@gmail.com if you are interested. 

Now, let's get busy and make this card. Collect the pieces:

1. Soft Succulent cardstock 5 1/2 by 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4 and 1 1/4', and a scrap for the fern
2. Basic White cardstock 1 3/4 by 5 1/4 " for the inside
3. Scrap of Evening Evergreen and Fresh Freesia for the ferns and flowers
4. New Horizons Designer Series Paper (#157768) cut 6 by 5 1/4". Also need a piece that is 2 by 5 1/4" for the front that is all Pale Papaya (check the backs of the prints)
5. Stamp Set-- Garden Birdhouses (#155090) and Nature's Print (#158793) from the upcoming 2022-23 Annual Catalog
6. Dies--Meadow Dies (#155852)
7. Ink-- Evening Evergreen
8. Dark Fresh Freesia Blend
9. Basic supplies--bone folder, Paper Snips, adhesive (I like Multipurpose Glue), Piercing Mat, Die Cutting and Embossing Machine 

First fold your card base in half along the score line. Then fold the 1 1/4" piece backwards. This is the front of your card. Now cut your piece of DSP--you will need to cut 3/4" total off the top and/or bottom. I cut most (but not all) off the top so that I could leave a bit more of the Pale Papaya on top. Now starting from the left side, cut a piece at 2/14". From the remainder, cut a 1 5/8 piece--this should leave you with a piece that is 2 1/8". Keeping them in order, attach the left side of the first (2 1/4") piece to the front flap--put your glue on the flap to make it easy for yourself. Then open the card up and attach the remaining 2 pieces as you see in the picture above. Leave room for the white piece. For more help, watch my Facebook live below.

Now you are ready to stamp. Make sure to use your Piercing Mat with the clear photopolymer stamps from the Garden Birdhouse set. With Evening Evergreen ink, stamp the bottom of the white and Pale Papaya DSP in the big clump of flowers. If needed, fill in with the grass stamp. Now color the flowers with your Fresh Freesia blend. 

Attach the Pale Papaya piece to the front, to the right of the flap. Add a cutout from the Meadow dies in Evening Evergreen. For the other clump of flowers in the front, I die cut the fern in both Soft Succulent and Evening Evergreen and glued them together (so it's like a shadow). I then glued them to the front and added a flower die cut from Fresh Freesia like below.



I used a sentiment from the new Nature's Prints set on my white piece and attached it to the back. While attaching close the card up and make sure the front overlaps the white (so no white is showing when closed). 

Here's my Facebook Live that goes through this step by step. Catch me every Monday at 1 pm PST for a new card and Stampin' Up updates. 

Comments

  1. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing, good instructions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing the instructions with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card, what a wonderful way to showcase the beautiful scenery on the DSP.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog